Welcome to the Bolton International Writing Project
WHAT THE PROJECT DOES
Celebrates the diversity of languages spoken in Bolton.
- Promotes cross-cultural links between speakers of different languages in Bolton without reference to faith, gender, age or experience.
Reaches out to people who are not always catered for at present, especially new arrivals, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers and anyone whose first language is not English.
Offers opportunities and support with creative writing and translation via workshops and shows for people with little or no experience of writing.
- Celebrates this writing with the publication of magazines in both mother tongue and English.
- Celebrates this writing with artistic interpretation through dance, music, drama and art.
- Recognises new skills with certificates.
- Has a constituted group directing further opportunities and future development.